Stream pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2 tunze pumps in middle to go across the front of the tank. but i dont want them on 35% consistently. is there a way to have them turn on for a little and pulse completely off and then on? through out the day to add random.

everything ive done is changing the speed but always on. i dont want them always running?

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and/or at night instead of slowing them down since they are running at min 35% already. anyway i can make them turn off at night so only the side tunze run at min at night to slow current down?

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update. vinny helped me set up my 2 middle tunze 6095s. We used illumination channels for each so i have them going one going on for 10 min. then both off for 10. then other one on for 10 min.. then both off. etc.. at some points they bboth turn on together for some time.

Meanwhile the other two 6095s i have on each side my tank on stream group. sequence 1. im now trying to implement thunderstorm so they both can hit 100% occasionally. i went to illumination and hit thunderstorm test and the lights flicker but my tunze seem to not go to 100%. like its set in the stream group 1. and they are set to go 100% under thunderstorm. i watched the voltage of those pumps under 1-10v and they never climbed to max... so i must be doing something else wrong.. lol

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update. vinny helped me set up my 2 middle tunze 6095s. We used illumination channels for each so i have them going one going on for 10 min. then both off for 10. then other one on for 10 min.. then both off. etc.. at some points they bboth turn on together for some time.

Meanwhile the other two 6095s i have on each side my tank on stream group. sequence 1. im now trying to implement thunderstorm so they both can hit 100% occasionally. i went to illumination and hit thunderstorm test and the lights flicker but my tunze seem to not go to 100%. like its set in the stream group 1. and they are set to go 100% under thunderstorm. i watched the voltage of those pumps under 1-10v and they never climbed to max... so i must be doing something else wrong.. lol
With the illumination channels how many changepoints do you get to use? I tried using that a year or 2 ago and felt limited so wondering if they changed it or he helped you with a work around.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the illumination channels how many changepoints do you get to use? I tried using that a year or 2 ago and felt limited so wondering if they changed it or he helped you with a work around.
Only 12 change points per channel for now.

Hes gonna get back to me about making this illumination channel cut off for feed mode.

Then just gotta learn why my stream group set doesnt go 100% if I run a thunderstorm.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sent a right angle wave, if you want them to pulse.

And you can also use the night mode an turn them down.

You can also set the thunderstorms in the stream groups also.

2FF5EBF7-FDEC-4ADB-A279-B47E2F502577.png AD687632-03CC-480C-A1E6-1026A8565B10.png

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sent a right angle wave, if you want them to pulse.

And you can also use the night mode an turn them down.

You can also set the thunderstorms in the stream groups also.

2FF5EBF7-FDEC-4ADB-A279-B47E2F502577.png AD687632-03CC-480C-A1E6-1026A8565B10.png
Crap so that's how u do it! I think the problem was I didnt have reduction to 0. Now the middle ones are definitely pulsing on and off switching. Sweet. Problem solved. Now gotta figure out why thunderstorm isnt working when I run a 1 min thunderstorm

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad to know that there are people on here that know how to get around the programming for GHL. Just got me one and I know I’m going to need help. Lol

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you clicking the button for the thunderstorm to start one of are you using the random settings?

Did you go into the stream group setting for thunderstorm and set a %.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad to know that there are people on here that know how to get around the programming for GHL. Just got me one and I know I’m going to need help. Lol
Ditto is GHL master, he knows it all. You will like it. My tank is cycling but I look at my GHL equipment more than my tank. It's beautiful. Ahah

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you clicking the button for the thunderstorm to start one of are you using the random settings?

Did you go into the stream group setting for thunderstorm and set a %.
I go go illumination/thunderstorm. And near button test it 1 minute duration. Press start. Lights flicker. but I dont see pumps going to 100%

Two tunze are set at "thunderstorm 100%" and the ones u just fixed to pulse in middle are set to max 35% otherwise bye bye sand. Ahah
Screenshot_20190813-155819_GHL Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20190813-155904_GHL Connect.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can me show the settings for the two pumps that you wan to go to 100 % :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael Gray - thank you for the kind words.

@GThompson - do not get frustrated, and do not be afraid to ask questions. The users here are great to answer questions and provide guidance. A team effort here from all of us!!

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GThompson , any help needed without wifi connectivity or anything. I can do that. @Ditto spend days with me and now I feel like I'm a IT professional. Been having router issues with my roku since my tank and I have been in and out of my router settings. I'm about to quit my city job and go IT. Ahah joking but I can definitely help you with some stuff on set up. But everything I learned was from @Ditto I spent weeks with him. Now I need to find a sps mentor so I can actually be successful if thia dang tank ever cycles. Lol

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First for testing:

Set the Thunderstorms to 0% this is going to shut the pumps in Stream group 2 off when the thunderstorm button is pressed.

Second increase the thunderstorm to 5 minutes.

You have pumps assigned to this stream group also correct? I assume it the other two not associated to the two we just did for right angle wave?

I just tested mine and they work, eheh wanted to make sure a bug was not introduced that I was not aware off./

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First for testing:

Set the Thunderstorms to 0% this is going to shut the pumps in Stream group 2 off when the thunderstorm button is pressed.

Second increase the thunderstorm to 5 minutes.

You have pumps assigned to this stream group also correct? I assume it the other two not associated to the two we just did for right angle wave?

I just tested mine and they work, eheh wanted to make sure a bug was not introduced that I was not aware off./

Ok so I put them to 0 in thunderstorm and they all turn off when I start it. I put them all to 100 again. And when I run it it continues its regular sequence not all going to 100% and the pulsing one. They both should turn on during thunderstorm. And they are not

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your normal pulse is 0 to 100 and the thunderstorm is at 100 you would not see it because they are already at max based on the normal pulse mode.

But if your pulse was 0 to 35 % and you set the thunderstorm at 100% you should see it pulse from now 0 to 100% during the storm and then when it over goes back down to 0 to 35%.

If they are turning off it knows the storm is there.

So for the the ones we set with the pulse from 0 to 35 if you set the thunderstorm to 100 does that one show the pulse going from 0 to 100% and not 0 to 35%.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your normal pulse is 0 to 100 and the thunderstorm is at 100 you would not see it because they are already at max based on the normal pulse mode.

But if your pulse was 0 to 35 % and you set the thunderstorm at 100% you should see it pulse from now 0 to 100% during the storm and then when it over goes back down to 0 to 35%.

If they are turning off it knows the storm is there.

So for the the ones we set with the pulse from 0 to 35 if you set the thunderstorm to 100 does that one show the pulse going from 0 to 100% and not 0 to 35%.
Oh ok I understand. I misunderstood the way it should work. yes I have 2 pumps on at 30 to 100. And thunderstorm.at 100.

I thought if a thunderstorm hit it put the pumps on 100 constantly. Not pulsing or changing. I thought it would turn all pumps on in the group 100% constantly. Oops. Nevermind. No need for me to use it then.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heheh no problem, Or set your pumps a little lower like 75 percent and then you can use thunderstorm as a way to stir up the tank everyone once in a while :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back