Stress jumper?

Lukebora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a diamond goby this morning, right before I was going to sleep, I hear a flop on my floor. All of my parameters are good, 0 ammonia, 8.1ph. Any tips to prevent?
image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
where did he get out from ?

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks to be covered adequately how did he manage that?? I had a tank covered with black egg crate and had two different diamond goby’s manage to jump through??? So yeah I wouldn’t say it’s tank parameters necessarily.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a diamond goby this morning, right before I was going to sleep, I hear a flop on my floor. All of my parameters are good, 0 ammonia, 8.1ph. Any tips to prevent?
image.jpg
It's amazing how fish can find that one tiny opening and end up on the floor! It certainly could be that he got spooked. Hopefully he's back in the tank and will soon get used to his new home.

Just out of curiosity, what are the temp and salinity?

OP
OP
L

Lukebora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing how fish can find that one tiny opening and end up on the floor! It certainly could be that he got spooked. Hopefully he's back in the tank and will soon get used to his new home.

Just out of curiosity, what are the temp and salinity?
Temp is 77.8 and salinity is 1.024, I once had a yellow head goby and every time I hear the swishing noise of them going around it’s instant ptsd. I also believe I found the source of the spook, I found one of my emerald crabs dead with a massive piece of shell schucked off of him.

OP
OP
L

Lukebora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks to be covered adequately how did he manage that?? I had a tank covered with black egg crate and had two different diamond goby’s manage to jump through??? So yeah I wouldn’t say it’s tank parameters necessarily.
I with I knew how he managed to do it, I found a emerald crab with a chunk of its shell taken off so I assume they got into a fight. I hope so…

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp is 77.8 and salinity is 1.024, I once had a yellow head goby and every time I hear the swishing noise of them going around it’s instant ptsd. I also believe I found the source of the spook, I found one of my emerald crabs dead with a massive piece of shell schucked off of him.
Sorry about the crab!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back