- Joined
- Nov 30, 2023
- Messages
- 53
- Reaction score
- 8
- Location
- Waukesha
- What state or country do you live in
- Wisconsin
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I use hanna checkers. I do not have a phosphate checker, however, that's next on my list. I have 1 power head and a stronger wave maker. Its a 75 gallon tank. I scraped some of the wall but its not wanting to come off easy. I have 13 snails in here that I just put in like 3 days ago. The tank is well over a year and a half.What test kits are you using? What is the phosphate level? Do you have any powerheads in the tank? Have you scraped that wall and vacuumed it? I only saw one snail in your pictures, do you have adequate number of snails? How old is this tank? Thanks to provide more info if possible
I use hanna checkers. I actually have ich in the tank so my fish are in quarantine while my tank fallows. I want to tackle the algae problem in the mean time. If I dose with nitrate, will it starve the algae out? It looks like stringy dinos.Are you testing your nitrates with api? Those test kits usually aren’t accurate.
I would try and get your nitrates off of zero, feed more or run your skimmer less if you have one. You can dose if all else fails.
I also have a refugium of chaeto in my sump. Should I leave the light on at night still or should I turn it off. I want the chaeto to out perform the ****** algae in my tank. Thanks a lot for the help.Are you testing your nitrates with api? Those test kits usually aren’t accurate.
I would try and get your nitrates off of zero, feed more or run your skimmer less if you have one. You can dose if all else fails.