Structural engineers, Would this be safe?

Thank you! This is very much appreciated. Will update when I get more info!
No problem. Since your house is new, you can probably get the blueprints from the builder. The floor plans should at least show the joists & beams layout. The low ceiling into the kitchen typically means there’s a beam there. (Though I’ve seen it be HVAC before…) There’s probably a column between the window & the pantry closet. So the fact the tank is in that corner is probably ideal.
 
Last edited:
I meant what did you do to convince yourself 105 gallons was ok up there? Not saying it’s not or it is but why the sudden interest over another 40 gallons.
I want a sump and to see if I can have it. An extra 250-300lbs may end up causing problems. Idk I'm not an architect, engineer ECT. Btw my tank my room. And I did some research. I saw 125 should be ok. But now we're talking about 150 - 160 ish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new