Strugglebus First Time Reefer

Kwann373

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been a long-time lurker on this site trying to learn as much as I can, and I've learned a lot so thank you!

I figured I'd post my build since I'm having some trouble with algae, coral growth, and all the other first time struggles.

A friend gave me a 10 gallon reef tank with some live rock, 2 clownfish, a heater, and an hob filter a few years ago and I managed to keep them alive so I figured I would slowly upgrade.

Setup
-45 gallon tank (36" long x 12" wide x 24") - wish I went with the 40B
~30lbs live rock with 8lbs from the old tank
~20lb sand - about 3" deep
-fluval 307 canister filter since the stand was to narrow to do a sump + cheaper at the time. (Filter pads - bioballs- carbon)
-Tunze 9004 skimmer in tank
-2 koralia 425pgh powerheads
- 2 AI Prime 16HD BRS AB+

Livestock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Purple Firefish
1 Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish
2 Torch Corals
1 Ricordea
1 Alveopora
A handful of zoas


fish tank.jpg

tank 2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new