Struggling clownfish

Mochastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am needing some help in knowing what else to do. I have four clownfish and a starry blenny in a 72 gallon bowfront tank. Three of my clownfish are perfect and acting normal however, my fancy smudgy clown is the one that is really struggling to get better. It still eats TDO chromaboost pellets really good but has lost a good portion of his scales by his head. Ive treated the tank with RallyPro, Paraguard, Cupramine, and Prazipro (all at different times) but nothing seems to be helping or working. Any other suggestions on what i can do for him to get better?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am needing some help in knowing what else to do. I have four clownfish and a starry blenny in a 72 gallon bowfront tank. Three of my clownfish are perfect and acting normal however, my fancy smudgy clown is the one that is really struggling to get better. It still eats TDO chromaboost pellets really good but has lost a good portion of his scales by his head. Ive treated the tank with RallyPro, Paraguard, Cupramine, and Prazipro (all at different times) but nothing seems to be helping or working. Any other suggestions on what i can do for him to get better?
Thats a lot of treatments and guessing and to further assist and *****, will need a couple of pics of the fish under white lighting

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Pictures and video taken under white lights is important, it also helps for us to have water quality information.

Jay

OP
OP
M

Mochastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16773842897454340152408175419772.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mochastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has actually been running for several years.

Amonia is 0
Nitrites are 0
Nitrates are 0
Salinity is 1.021

I am running a Fluval 407 canister filter as well as a powerhead.

I do have fake decorations but only fake plants by aquatop. Otherwise i have quite a bit of live rock in the tank

OP
OP
M

Mochastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other clowns dont really pick on him and they all get along great. The only other fish i have in the tank is a Starry Blenny that keeps to the rocks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A video helps check the clowns demeanor, sorry those pictures aren’t clear enough to see anything.
Jay

OP
OP
M

Mochastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed quite a variety of food. I feed Rods frozen food, TDO Chromaboost pellets, frozen mysis shrimp, frozen prime reef, and frozen omega brine shrimp. I also occassionally feed Arcti pods.

When i get home tonight i will attempt to take a video of the clownfish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back