White patch or fungus on side of clownfish face

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got these 2 clownfish yesterday when I was acclimating them I noticed it but ther look really healthy ther swimming around together ther eating ther doing so well but I saw the like white patch or a fungus of some type on the side of the clownfish face I got photo but it’s not a good one ther loving so much I’ll try and get a better one all my parematers are fine I got them tested
Salinity 1.024
ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15
Ph 8.1
The rest were fine to what do you think is on the side of his face it’s just a small patch and if it’s bad what should i treat it with thanks
IMG_4148.jpeg

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photo, but probably a fluke which can be treated with medication containing praziquantel. But you definitely need a better photo to get a proper id.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungal infections in saltwater would be really unlikely.

Could be a fluke or just some damage, based on pics. Try to get a clear pic in white light.

Any other symptoms ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing, since it showed up so quickly after you acquired it, you should let the dealer know. It either had an issue when you bought it, or it was injured when they caught it up.

Can you post a video under white light?

Jay

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing, since it showed up so quickly after you acquired it, you should let the dealer know. It either had an issue when you bought it, or it was injured when they caught it up.

Can you post a video under white light?

Jay
i saw it on the clown fish when aclimating so it defenetly came from were i brought it do you think it could be lymphocsis i can ask were i brought it from to check ther tank and see if they all had it and get a refund

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i saw it on the clown fish when aclimating so it defenetly came from were i brought it do you think it could be lymphocsis i can ask were i brought it from to check ther tank and see if they all had it and get a refund
Take pictures and return the fish if at all possible. For replacement, assure fish breathing normal, free of imperfections, gets along with any tank mates and ask to see it eat

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungal infections in saltwater would be really unlikely.

Could be a fluke or just some damage, based on pics. Try to get a clear pic in white light.

Any other symptoms ?
it could be some bite marks because ther was some aggression in the tank i brought from but it also could be lymphocsis wich is caused from stress because they were new to the tanks from the fish shop and they were on them when aclimating so it was in the tank at the fish shop whatever it is

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take pictures and return the fish if at all possible. For replacement, assure fish breathing normal, free of imperfections, gets along with any tank mates and ask to see it eat
ther doing perfectly fine its a shame to have to return them ther eating and swimming fine i think i know what they have its called lymphocystis

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ther doing perfectly fine its a shame to have to return them ther eating and swimming fine i think i know what they have its called lymphocystis
Lympho is viral and this is far from lympho which looks like cauliflower and often located on fins rather than gill. This fish generally does not get flukes and may have stemmed from injury during netting

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lympho is viral and this is far from lympho which looks like cauliflower and often located on fins rather than gill. This fish generally does not get flukes and may have stemmed from injury during netting
yeah ill call them and ask if ther is any in the tank with what mine has and if ther is should i return them and when can i get another pair.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
yeah ill call them and ask if ther is any in the tank with what mine has and if ther is should i return them and when can i get another pair.
Probably best so you avoid infecting the tank with something foreign and consider doing a ruby Rally Pro bath for 60 mins with aeration to alleviate any possible issues prior to introduction

Last edited:
OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably best so you avoid infecting the tank with something foreign and consider doing a ruby Rally Pro bath for 60 mins with aeration to alleviate any possible issues prior to introduction
i thought lympho usually goes on ther gills and isnt lympho cause from stress it wouldve been stress full for them moving from 2 tanks in 1 day

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i thought lympho usually goes on ther gills and isnt lympho cause from stress it wouldve been stress full for them moving from 2 tanks in 1 day
Lympho is often due to poor water quality and/or diet and gills will be flukes or mucus

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn’t look like Lymphocystis. I’m not sure the store will give you a refund, but they might replace the fish for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back