Help black clownfish got white patches

seb375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help today I’ve noticed white patches on my black clownfish and I can’t seem to find what it is. I’ve seen a lot of ich pictures and they seem really small but these patches seem bigger. This clownfish always got bullied by the big orange clown and couple smaller orange clowns. Please let me know what I could do, I’ve had him for over 6 months and don’t want anything happening to him
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0669.png
IMG_0671.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help today I’ve noticed white patches on my black clownfish and I can’t seem to find what it is. I’ve seen a lot of ich pictures and they seem really small but these patches seem bigger. This clownfish always got bullied by the big orange clown and couple smaller orange clowns. Please let me know what I could do, I’ve had him for over 6 months and don’t want anything happening to him
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0669.png
IMG_0671.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The pictures really are not clear enough to see much.

Can you try for better side views, or even a short video?

Is the fish still eating?
If so, I'd say these are just bite marks from the other clownfish. If you isolate them, they should heal up, but it will take some time.

Jay

OP
OP
seb375

seb375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The pictures really are not clear enough to see much.

Can you try for better side views, or even a short video?

Is the fish still eating?
If so, I'd say these are just bite marks from the other clownfish. If you isolate them, they should heal up, but it will take some time.

Jay
Hi, Jay thank you for your reply and I will take a better picture today after work and I did isolate this one from the rest of the fish

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Jay thank you for your reply and I will take a better picture today after work and I did isolate this one from the rest of the fish

Try feeding it then as well....

Jay

OP
OP
seb375

seb375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Will do and whenever I feed them the ocellaris clowns always bully my black clowns. It sometimes gets to the point where the smaller black clowns end up hiding behind a rock on the very bottom and they would stay there all day is there anyway I can fix the bullying between them?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do and whenever I feed them the ocellaris clowns always bully my black clowns. It sometimes gets to the point where the smaller black clowns end up hiding behind a rock on the very bottom and they would stay there all day is there anyway I can fix the bullying between them?

Fixing clowns that fight is really hit or miss - I think they either works things out, but one of them changing sex, or they don't, and one gets killed. A tank divider would be the firs option.

Jay

OP
OP
seb375

seb375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Hey, Jay so the white patches are now gone the the black clown was isolated for about 2 days and he is eating and swimming good, I’m pretty sure you were 100% correct and it was bite marks from the bully clown. But I will isolate him for a couple more days just for him to heal fully and the other 2 black clowns are now out of their hiding spot and they are roaming around all over the aquarium, all the clowns are eating and they seem happy. Thank you very much. I’ve tried to post a video but it’s not working

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back