Struggling

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loaned a seneye to take my last test.

I found my last test actually on my tank thread.
This post was this April just gone.

I think I shouldn’t have ramped it back then from these percentages.

EAB6EC40-8617-4C7E-B43D-6108A7BB09AE.png
Did the rep from reefbreeders contact you? I messaged them for you and they said they would try to help you. They said your lights are a different configuration as far as leds though. So it may not work following their recommendations to the tee.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not need to argue about this on this thread, but this is what acropora look like under daylight in the ocean. Under 14-20k lighting, they look just like what is on our tanks. I did bring coral home from near here (this is a protected part of the GBR in the Coral Sea) that was out of the water when we collected it. You would be happy to have any of those acropora in your tank.

OP
OP
Biznizface

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the rep from reefbreeders contact you? I messaged them for you and they said they would try to help you. They said your lights are a different configuration as far as leds though. So it may not work following their recommendations to the tee.

He has commented on this thread.

I think the only difference between my light and the reefbreeder one is they swapped the red and green out for two more whites.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has commented on this thread.

I think the only difference between my light and the reefbreeder one is they swapped the red and green out for two more whites.
I didnt see that he got to you. As i said i reached out to hime to help as i said i would. Hope he was able to assist you though.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not need to argue about this on this thread, but this is what acropora look like under daylight in the ocean. Under 14-20k lighting, they look just like what is on our tanks. I did bring coral home from near here (this is a protected part of the GBR in the Coral Sea) that was out of the water when we collected it. You would be happy to have any of those acropora in your tank.
I agree, and am not trying to start an arguement. I was attempting to point out that if you took acros from your system and placed them out on that reef they would be white by the end of the day. On the same note wild corals almost always brighten up once they have been in a captive reef for a while.
Your statement about mh being top quality and leds being crap lights is opinion based. Ive been around the hobby since 1988. I used mh, t12, compact florescent, t5, t5ho, and leds. There are good and bad of each. Each has its limitations too. I personally will never do another mh unless its a 6ft or greater monster reef. The lack of adjustment, light wavelenth degradation, efficiency, ect are all negatives of mh. At this point with t5ho and led tuned correctly, mh can and are equaled in every positive way.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loaned a seneye to take my last test.

I found my last test actually on my tank thread.
This post was this April just gone.

I think I shouldn’t have ramped it back then from these percentages.

EAB6EC40-8617-4C7E-B43D-6108A7BB09AE.png

Those numbers are looking better, 200 or so max on your lower corals is a good point to aim for.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a link to the study that I am citing. Too much light can stress corals.

https://reefs.com/magazine/light-intensity-requirements-of-shallow-tidepool-coral/

Thanks-I have read it - what I got out of it was that the coral wasn't 'killed' at higher PAR levels -but only that that photosynthesis and growth was more efficient at lower levels in one specific coral. It is clear that suddenly changing light in a coral can damage it. Thanks for your answer:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back