Stubborn, Pickie Blue line Angelfish..

Piranhapat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2014
Messages
443
Reaction score
211
Location
Westchester
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Blue line angelfish will only eat live Black worms. I saw him eat mysis at LFS. When I took him home he refused to eat. After 59 days he finally ate live black worms. So for about a month he ate live black worms but in between tried different foods. Now after a month tried LFS, Mysis, brine shrimp, Clams on half shell, seaweed, flake, pellets, angel marine. It's been now 5 days without eating. I guess I have to buy black worms this week. He's stubborn and refuses to eat. Has anybody experience this?
 
Try some LRF and put one or two drops of garlic in it.
 
Bluelines are a pita, did you happen to treat him for parasites. Is he grazing at all, if he's actively grazing you could try some masstick smashed into a rock. Any cryptic sponges you could pull from your sump, I've also had picky angels eat chunks of the ocean nutrition food with the gel binder that I cut into small bite size pieces(maybe the spongy texture), you can also smash this into rocks. My flagfin like these silverfish(in the frozen section, small rectangular green and white box) I get from an asian market. Add other foods in with the worms and continue feeding him those. Is he the only large fish in the tank; my flagfin was extremely hard to feed in qt, when he went to dt with the other fish he is now a beast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new