Stuck in Boot Loader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

samba_dad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex is stuck in a flashing yellow light mode (boot loader). I have tried the following steps provided by tech support with no success. My display unit is blank.

Follow this procedure(Windows):
Power your Apex off
Restart your computer in Windows safe mode with networking
Turn off any virus or firewall software
Disable your wireless card
Ensure you connect your computer to your internet through hardwired cable connection
Open the Firmware Update Program
In the 'Network address' field put something similar to your default gateway (router) IP address. Click here for Help
For example, if you default gateway is 192.168.1.1 then make the network address 192.168.1.88
Click Update Firmware
After failed attempt 1 you should see an ARP Entry. Example Here
plug your Apex in
Apex and computer should make a handshake at this time, if not try to power cycle your base unit again
Then click the 'Magnifying Glass Button' and select the APEX listed and press OK.
Update the web pages next.

I am getting the following message...

Trying to connect attempt: 26
Found AARP entry at address: 119:168:1:171

It just keeps cycling. I have power cycled 3 times now with no luck. Same messages. Everything is connected via network cables.

I have lost lights, flow, heater, water change, etc for the entire day. I have flow and lights working through native controllers (EcoTech, Jebao, etc) and heating. However, I had fine-tuned dosing amounts with 5 different dosing pumps and I cannot recreate that manually. However, the damage has been done - this morning my tank water is so cloudy I can't see corals. I have no idea why and frantically testing water parameters. I woke to see most of my most expensive SPS are dead or dying quickly. I realized the hard way that I had a set statement set incorrectly for a dosing pump. I am losing $1,000's of coral very quickly now. I'm trying massive water changes this morning. Argh!

Please help me if possible. Thanks in advance.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have never had this problem, but I think unless you are computer savvy, send it in to Neptune after trying and failed a few times is a lot better.

This is what I would try with the instruction you posted but .....
0. Use the 12V adapter to power the base (when you need to power the base)
1. Connect the apex base Ethernet port directly to a laptop and turn off the wifi on the laptop, set the ip of the computer to 192.168.1.2 first
2. If that fails, add a router to the working environment, but the router does not have anything else connected to it but the computer and the apex for IP addresses.

BTW, the apex base does go bad sometimes and the only way to fix it is replacement....!

Post a question on the Neptune forum. ....
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?18-Problems-updating-firmware

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 43 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back