Stunner strip question

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just order a blue led stunner strip for my rsm250(66gal) along with some t5 bulbs.

I was wondering if i put the strip on the back part under the hood facing forward about 0.2in from the water, will it cover my whole tank?

I have a rio led clip on that covers half..but i was going to take that out and move it to the 12 gal nano and replace it with the stunner

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother owns a strip so I've seen one in action.

You're putting one strip on a 66 gallon and you already have LEDs that cover one half? <--did I get that right? If so, you probably won't get much coverage from having 1 single strip on the other half. My brother tested one in a 10 gallon tank just to see how it would look..it's decently bright for one little strip, but it's not going to keep much alive and the LED light/shadow "feature?" isn't there that much. To really get use out of the light you would probably need about 4 on half of the tank. Even at 4, you're not going to keep stuff healthy, it would be more for the look and you would want to have other light to actually keep the tank healthy.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has a 6 bulb t5 HO fixture on it..im just adding the leds for coral color when the lights are off.....

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has a 6 bulb t5 HO fixture on it..im just adding the leds for coral color when the lights are off.....

I personally don't think you'll be happy with just one strip..but luckily you can easily add a couple more. I think 3 strips can be attached.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably not i ust bought one to see if it would fit where i wanted it to on the tank..then later i can get more

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i was gna do but idk if they will fir under the hood of my tank without being in the water

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 99 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back