I’d like to have a copper band in the future so here’s my plan for one

TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 2 small clowns and I plan for a copper and in a few months. How does my plan sound? Insights?

1:60x18x22in tank (3 year old rocks+amphipods, copepods, aptasia)
2: 3rd fish added (2 clowns+1 CBB)
3: make sure the fish is voraciously eating in store
4: temp acclimate——> drip for 30 mins with aeration (best way to drip acclimate one?
5: turn down flow to 65% max speed and 30 min (2x Nero 5s so around 1956.5GPH max)
6: get it eating mysis, brine w/ garlic, nori, aptasia, then move onto clams on half shell (or live), mollusks, and oysters
7: continue to maintain pristine water quality (as I should)
8: wait 3 months before adding next fish (diamond goby) after CBB is eating multiple types of food

Thanks!

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything sounds good.

A really long drip acclimation (1-2 hours should be good) will be the best way to acclimate it only if you’re picking it up from a store. If you order one online I would acclimate it a different way.

It’s up to you but I would definitely put it in a quarantine tank and make sure it’s healthy and disease free before you put it in your main tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TortillaMan

TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything sounds good.

A really long drip acclimation (1-2 hours should be good) will be the best way to acclimate it only if you’re picking it up from a store. If you order one online I would acclimate it a different way.

It’s up to you but I would definitely put it in a quarantine tank and make sure it’s healthy and disease free before you put it in your main tank.
So should I turn off the lights on my DT off? I unfortunately cannot QT but I trust the place where I’d get one from

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back