Stupid UPS :(

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish I am so excited to receive from Diver's Den are delayed and UPS won't let me pick them up at the depot.

They shipped last night and were supposed to arrive today.

At 7 am there was some kind of mechanical delay, then the shipment started moving again at 7:50. Arrived at 9 am near me but for some reason it won't be delivered until tomorrow morning.

Called/live chatted at 10 am to see if I could go pick them up rather than wait and was told no. They would be delivered by 10:30 am tomorrow or they could hold them at the facility for five days after the delivery time (tomorrow). Why they even offered to do that I don't know...

what the heck UPS?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH, yes UPS.
That's why I ship or like to use FedEx as they will offer you to pick it up ASAP when arrived back at the facility.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed that they arrive in ok shape. I'll take an extra long lunch to get them home and acclimated.

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed that they arrive in ok shape. I'll take an extra long lunch to get them home and acclimated.

Winter Storms all throughout the US and delaying deliveries left and right. I'm STILL waiting for mine. It was almost 10 below zero, black ice, and now it's raining slush causing historical flooding in my area. I might get my delivery today. Hope your fish make it ok. Dumb**sses should let you pick them up. [emoji35]

sureal00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fedex is awesome.Twice the box was leaking and the lady called me earlier to let me know .Fedex always call and let me know package is here.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How close is the Depot? I would drive down there and give them a nice sob story about the live animals that will die. If they don't budge let them know how social medai is going to be shocked to hear their decision. Sorry I have to fight for life! :D

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close is the Depot? I would drive down there and give them a nice sob story about the live animals that will die. If they don't budge let them know how social medai is going to be shocked to hear their decision. Sorry I have to fight for life! :D

I tried this yesterday afternoon and they said no :/ In fact that is when they told me the other option would be to hold the package for 5 days after the estimated delivery time. Which makes zero sense. My reply was, they will be DEAD, why would I have you hold it longer?

It is currently out on the truck for delivery and I'm hoping they come before lunch so I can take them and my acanlord loot home to acclimate...

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this yesterday afternoon and they said no :/ In fact that is when they told me the other option would be to hold the package for 5 days after the estimated delivery time. Which makes zero sense. My reply was, they will be DEAD, why would I have you hold it longer?

It is currently out on the truck for delivery and I'm hoping they come before lunch so I can take them and my acanlord loot home to acclimate...

Corals can survive a little bit longer than fish, so hopefully you'll be ok.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Packages just arrived. The heat packs are still giving off warmth and I could see that the filefish is still alive. Can't see the other fish through the blackout but the water looks clear. I don't want to disturb them any more than I have to.

The acanlord package is too well packed for me to even get a peek but that one was smoothly shipped!

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid UPS at all cost. Every vendor I do business with know this. I had to many problems with them over the last year. If no other shipping was available I would call UPS and request they Hold My Package for Pickup

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Packages just arrived. The heat packs are still giving off warmth and I could see that the filefish is still alive. Can't see the other fish through the blackout but the water looks clear. I don't want to disturb them any more than I have to.

The acanlord package is too well packed for me to even get a peek but that one was smoothly shipped!

Glad to hear everything made it! I would make sure they're adjusted to the water temperature before releasing them. And it would help to avoid any light exposure for a couple days. I'm sure they're really stressed out. Good luck.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is alive so far. It really helps that the salinity on everything was almost the same as mine. I still took about 45 minutes to acclimate after adding a splash of prime to each bag. Both fish are alert and active. The blenny is the smallest fish I've owned. He's so small I had a really hard time getting him out of the bag!

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem fine, filefish chowed on some cyclops and the blenny is picking at the rubble I put in the critter keeper and squirted with food.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very personable. Hanging out at the front of the tank, came right to the pipette for food.

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back