Stylo or Porites?

NuckChorris

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
27
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic is with it retracted. When it’s extended its polyps are pretty long. I’m leaning to stylo.

What say you?

IMG_7879.jpeg
 
Agree with porites, it looks like my jf lime porite below, polyps retracted. It appears almost red when its polyps extend.

1720200563965.png
 
Last edited:
I had it on the sand for a long time, but had to move it up into the rocks last year since I was running out of sand space. I have metal hallide, so even on the sandbed its pretty bright but now its up with the acro's.
 
I agree stylocoeniella
Stylocoeniella has exert polyps when open, larger spacing between corallites, and coenosteal spines. Best way to tell would be if OP got a high-quality photo showing corallites up-close.
 
Stylocoeniella has exert polyps when open, larger spacing between corallites, and coenosteal spines. Best way to tell would be if OP got a high-quality photo showing corallites up-close.
My eyes stopped being able to see corallites 30 years ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new