Stylophora problems

DiverDan358

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen this happen before? It looks like the colony is peeling away from the skeleton. This is a 2.5 yr old tank with numerous sps corals, very low nutrients, metal halides and t5 fluorescents.
We have been dosing with a little NaOH mixed with DI water in a drip to bring up Total Alkalinity.
Any advice is appreciated.

8C95C704-6CAD-437A-8E76-3D3040C21223.jpeg
 
Looks like very low nutrients to me. I would try to raise them/stop carbon source if you use that.
 
Very low!? Let me think....as I remember my last readings for nitrates and phosphates the best I can read my test kits were; <10 nitrates and <.06 phosphates there about. I dose carbon everyday. Not sure what very low means but that coral is hurting. Mine, not so much.
Stylophora_20181128.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Stylophora white_20190120.JPG
Slide41.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new