Subscription for supplies

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Vendors,

Reefing is a hobby of routine and constant care. I would like to suggest to one of the many major online retailers that sell dry goods to setup a subscription type service where I can pay monthly and get regular deliveries of maint supplies (e.g. filter socks, salt, scrapers, reagents, additives, food, etc).

It'd be a boon for reefers by helping push the routines that foster the tank stability we desire + make maint costs split into manageable monthly installments.

In exchange for a guarenteed revenue stream and increasing your supply chain/inventory turnover naturally I would expect a marginal discount. [emoji1]

Any vendors already have this feature?

Surely I'm not the only one who would take advantage of such a program!

Happy Reefin' Y'all

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Vendors,

Reefing is a hobby of routine and constant care. I would like to suggest to one of the many major online retailers that sell dry goods to setup a subscription type service where I can pay monthly and get regular deliveries of maint supplies (e.g. filter socks, salt, scrapers, reagents, additives, food, etc).

It'd be a boon for reefers by helping push the routines that foster the tank stability we desire + make maint costs split into manageable monthly installments.

In exchange for a guarenteed revenue stream and increasing your supply chain/inventory turnover naturally I would expect a marginal discount. [emoji1]

Any vendors already have this feature?

Surely I'm not the only one who would take advantage of such a program!

Happy Reefin' Y'all
Dr Foster and Smith offers this for at least some of their products.

OP
OP
Dancingmad

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r Foster and Smith offers this for at least some of their products.

Interesting - I had no idea the Docs had this option. Thanks for the input! Still think someone out there could really capitalize on this if executed properly. I would love it if I could simply get replacement filter socks every couple of months, or some of my personal fav reefin' snake oils/additives. Maybe roll in a calculator w/ various additives to help take some anxiety when evaluating these options for noobs.

One of these retailers should hire me for marketing and supply chain solutions hahahaha.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon does that on some products as well.. if you have the Amazon app they make "Dash Buttons" to put on your homepage for easy ordering. I think a lot of items you speak of on Amazon have a subscription button when ordering

OP
OP
Dancingmad

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah - my wife went buck wild on the dash buttons. Its only select products/brands from what i remember. A dash button on some salt would be AWESOME.

chef choy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just found with that, I end up getting crap that I dont need........

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back