substrate for reef tank- what do you use?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,731
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my reef is bare bottom these last 3 years, id like a change, I was thinking of using TLF reborn calcium reactor media- any tried that? I don't have any gobies or sand sifters or wrasses. tks
 
Don't waste your money on BAGGED live sand. Just get the dry sand version.

I use Tropic Eden Reeflakes
 
What was your experience with bare bottom? The ability to run a pristine reef is enticing
 
This latest WWC video shows the reborn as substrate quite well. Been giving it a thought myself, but I admit I'm a lazy reefer when it comes to siphoning the sand bed. I have one tank with sand, two without. Super easy keeping the bare bottom tanks clean!

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new