Sudden alk consumption

Reefchix18

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermilion
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! First time poster. My tank has been set up for a couple years now. I finally upgraded to a doser for my Alk and Ca. I was manually dosing about 20ml a day. I use BIonic. I get doser set up and my alk has been continuing to drop. Ca is also dropping. Mg is the same. My numbers today - alk 6.2 ca 280 mg >1500. No new corals. Only thing that’s new is the doser and I tested that to make sure it’s dosing properly and the proper amount. I even have it turned off. Any other thoughts?
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I suspect the calcium number is not accurate.

Try your test method on some new salt water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new