Sudden Spike in alk! help!

CoralChaos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
400
Reaction score
233
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to a huge alk spike, I checked the doser pump and according to Apex, it didn't dose an absurd amount of alk. I dose 2 part.

6CC4D06D-233A-4E5F-AC1F-DADA78C58B57.png E5FA167C-4A3F-4908-A3C2-BAED4026DFEE.png A1C5CF89-313D-4753-8415-568CBCD43FE9.png
 
Anyone know why this happened and should I be worried?
 
I would verify alk with another method to confirm actual alk levels.
The only way for it to spike is an over dose of the alk portion of your 2 part.
 
I would verify alk with another method to confirm actual alk levels.
The only way for it to spike is an over dose of the alk portion of your 2 part.
I wasn't home at the time of the spike, just got home and checked... turns out the reagent was empty but apex said it had 28% left
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new