Sudden wall hammer bailout

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

as the title suggests, my wall hammer suddenly decided to bailout. Parameters have been and are stable. Other LPS in the tank are doing fine. The only thing that's changes is its location. But I'm confused as to why this happened because I've been slowly acclimating this guy to the final spot for 2 months. The part of the hammer that's detaching also isn't the one that's getting the most flow. Polyps are all extended, actually they're at their most extended after moving to its final spot.

Calcium : 490
Alk : 8.3 dkh
Nitrate : 25 ppm
Salinity : 1.026

Can this guy be saved?

20210128_152916.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Tough question.

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is polyp bailout, usually caused by a sudden spike in water params. More than likely not flow or lighting, while there are cases of lps bailing cause of light/flow it’s rare unless you move it from no flow to hurricane mode.

OP
OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is polyp bailout, usually caused by a sudden spike in water params. More than likely not flow or lighting, while there are cases of lps bailing cause of light/flow it’s rare unless you move it from no flow to hurricane mode.
alright, so it's most likely one of the parameters i'm not testing for. But what swing could affect a hammer but not cause any problems for a bta, since my nem is as happy as ever?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back