Suggested corals for my NO3 and PO4 levels…

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought. Google your fish and bites coral. I have a bi color blenny and he bites coral a lot. Took me a long time to catch him cause he'd only do it when I wasn't around. Caught him on a web cam.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the description of your corals you struggled with, could be a thousand things but it sounds like to harsh of light or low nutrients, instead of changing your lights. Move your coral. Move the slimer up and see if it improves. Move some of the shrinking sickly looking corals down and to the edges. Without a par meter to get an idea, it's like following the directions of the salt mix and never actually checking the salinity. (As far as programmable LEDs are concerned)
Thank you … a very useful common sense reply…I am onto it!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. What do you think is a foolproof lps for a newish tank, and would you buy a very small frag or something bigger to give it more of a chance?
One of the best corals for beginner tanks is the Duncan. Mine has been with me for 3-4 years now and whilst the photo shows some polyps dying that’s due to my PO4 and NO3 being low…
C9E92F75-8061-4C2B-BD6A-F82312CD52C3.jpeg

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The parameters mentioned are solid. Have you checked calcium and magnesium. Are you dosing or performing regular water changes. That green algae on the rocks says to me the tank is still young. Keep researching your lights, maybe even rent a par meter. Try some ricordea... They are really bulletproof imho and they are beautiful

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back