Suggestions about center brace on cabinet

meemsco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I am new to saltwater hobby. I am trying to fit a 29g sump in my cabinet and realized that the vertical center brace is a problem. I already have the acrylic baffles purchased and cut for it, so I want to do what I can to make this work because I really don't want to go smaller than 29g for my 75g DT.

I thought of temporarily removing the top horizontal center brace under the tank so I can drop the sump in from the top, then put that brace back before I put on the 75g tank. BUT then I would never be able to take the sump out of the cabinet again unless I remove the DT tank which would be a really sucky thing to have to do.

So I have a couple of questions
1) how likely is it that I would have to remove the sump from the cabinet to service it? (Because it doesn't ever have to come out, then I can go from the top).

2) Is there any way to reinforce the main support of the cabinet so I can remove that vertical center piece, even if just temporarily and then put it back? Even that rather inconvenient because it is on the backside of the stand/cabinet.

I hope this makes sense. I have attached a few photos.

I know I could build a new stand, but I am not handy so I am looking for other options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly unlikely you'll need to remove the sump, but I wouldn't want to lose the ability either.
How about from the side? Pictures of the stand would help!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 55 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back