Suggestions about center brace on cabinet

  • Thread starter Thread starter meemsco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

meemsco

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I am new to saltwater hobby. I am trying to fit a 29g sump in my cabinet and realized that the vertical center brace is a problem. I already have the acrylic baffles purchased and cut for it, so I want to do what I can to make this work because I really don't want to go smaller than 29g for my 75g DT.

I thought of temporarily removing the top horizontal center brace under the tank so I can drop the sump in from the top, then put that brace back before I put on the 75g tank. BUT then I would never be able to take the sump out of the cabinet again unless I remove the DT tank which would be a really sucky thing to have to do.

So I have a couple of questions
1) how likely is it that I would have to remove the sump from the cabinet to service it? (Because it doesn't ever have to come out, then I can go from the top).

2) Is there any way to reinforce the main support of the cabinet so I can remove that vertical center piece, even if just temporarily and then put it back? Even that rather inconvenient because it is on the backside of the stand/cabinet.

I hope this makes sense. I have attached a few photos.

I know I could build a new stand, but I am not handy so I am looking for other options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Fairly unlikely you'll need to remove the sump, but I wouldn't want to lose the ability either.
How about from the side? Pictures of the stand would help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new