Suggestions for DIY refugium grow lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryecoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've seen plenty of Aquarists using Flood lights as a Refugium plant growing light. Is that the best route? cost wise and quality? Would anyone give me some tips on effective ways to build? I was going to buy a LED kessil amazon sun light but im thinking it may be over kill for a cpr HOB Refugium. Im planning on adding more mangroves and Chaeto.

I found a zoomed compact fluorescent UVB light originally for my lizard. would this work just as good?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new