Suggestions for sump filtration.

Yes I have noticed space is limited for uv. And makes sense also with more bio load more filtration. I guess I’ll just see what I need as I go along.
The main issue I had with UV - was the size required to actually 'kill parasites' as compared to the size under the Red Sea tanks Then there is the cleaning/replacement of the bulb, etc - I just personally didnt see any difference. One thing I would caution you on - is - one key thing in a reef tank is 'stability' - so - I would plan out (as you're trying to do) - what you need so that you aren't adding things as you go along - I've found everything I've added has messed something up. I.e. - added some GFO - to a filter sock - in 2 weeks multiple deaths (and I followed the directions) - if you do decide to 'add things' - add them slowly - i.e. if you use GFO or carbon - start with 1/4-1/3 the recommended dose and build up whatever you want to achieve. There is no right or wrong - again good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new