Suggestions for sump filtration.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes I have noticed space is limited for uv. And makes sense also with more bio load more filtration. I guess I’ll just see what I need as I go along.
The main issue I had with UV - was the size required to actually 'kill parasites' as compared to the size under the Red Sea tanks Then there is the cleaning/replacement of the bulb, etc - I just personally didnt see any difference. One thing I would caution you on - is - one key thing in a reef tank is 'stability' - so - I would plan out (as you're trying to do) - what you need so that you aren't adding things as you go along - I've found everything I've added has messed something up. I.e. - added some GFO - to a filter sock - in 2 weeks multiple deaths (and I followed the directions) - if you do decide to 'add things' - add them slowly - i.e. if you use GFO or carbon - start with 1/4-1/3 the recommended dose and build up whatever you want to achieve. There is no right or wrong - again good luck

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back