Suggestions on a Frag Tank

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

I want to get a rimless frag tank. I was looking at the Deep Blue frag tanks, then I saw that they were closed. So I was wondering if any of you know where I could get a frag tank similar to the Deep Blue tanks. I know that the Zoomed LowBoy is one option, but I would have to drill the tank, and its not rimless.
Any suggestions would be great

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t get the lowboy or any of the off the shelf “rimmed” tanks .., this is just aesthetic opinion from a long time buyer of tanks.
To me rimmed tanks just look “ dated” , past their time. Like hubcaps, mullets and bell bottoms. Somethings time has just past.
I REGRET buying a Aqueon Tank and not being patient for a Red Sea.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t get the lowboy or any of the off the shelf “rimmed” tanks .., this is just aesthetic opinion from a long time buyer of tanks.
To me rimmed tanks just look “ dated” , past their time. Like hubcaps, mullets and bell bottoms. Somethings time has just past.
Oh that’s what you meant. I just mentioned the lowboy because I want something with similar dimensions. I really want to get something like the Deep Blue frag tanks, which are rimless and reef ready.

Queen City Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the deep blue tanks and it might be worth waiting to find a used one, but there’s nothing wrong with getting a low boy or other rimmed frag tank. If you stock it up nicely you probably won’t even notice it because you’ll be too busy looking at the inhabitants, plus the low boys are really cheap and you could easily replace it later on with a rimless tank.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't the Seapora rimless frag tanks basically the same as the Deep Blue?
I have seen seapora mentioned online. But I cannot find their company website. And the only place I saw that had them was a place in NJ and they only had local pick up. I am in Miami, so local pick up is not an option

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen seapora mentioned online. But I cannot find their company website. And the only place I saw that had them was a place in NJ and they only had local pick up. I am in Miami, so local pick up is not an option
Seapora seems to be a pretty common "standard" aquarium available at a lot of LFS (two near me carry them). While they don't specifically have the frag tanks, if they're a dealer, they could probably order one.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know, mullets are making a come back and bell bottoms already did !

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love rimmed tanks with black silicone. It just looks so nice and framed and you'll get less splashing when you clean your glass than you do on a rimless tank.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the zoomed lowboy to plumb into my system and use as a frag tank. Asked my LFS owner yesterday about them He said it would probably be a couple months before he could get them and they would be in the 250-350$ range. I think I'm going to end up with a 40breader for 130$ after that talk. Thats a lot of extra cash just for the demensions I was looking for. Maybe I'll happen across one at another store though.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the zoomed lowboy to plumb into my system and use as a frag tank. Asked my LFS owner yesterday about them He said it would probably be a couple months before he could get them and they would be in the 250-350$ range. I think I'm going to end up with a 40breader for 130$ after that talk. Thats a lot of extra cash just for the demensions I was looking for. Maybe I'll happen across one at another store though.
Keep looking. The places around here carry the 50 lowboy frag tank for $150-ish. $250-350 is insane.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back