Suggestions on a magnetic cleaner

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys using?
My tank is 1" acrylic and a lot of it. It is an 8.5' octagon that is a nightmare to clean. Over the years I have been trying to build the perfect cleaner and it has just not been working out.
I like idea of the great white with the scraper blade since corraline is a constant battle, but not sure how well it will actually work.
Any suggestions will be appreciated

OP
OP
Bbaz123456

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it is rated up to 1" but do you use it on 1"? I see lots of positive reviews but they're all from people with 5/8-3/4 thick tanks. I just want to be sure it will be strong enough

KorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into mighty magnets as well. They have some rated for panels thicker than 1", so you'll be covered regardless

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the regular flipper, but have a glass tank less than an inch. But it has held up, and has replaceable blades for glass or acrylic.
I just wanted to mention there may be less reviews for the the flipper max because it has not been out as long. They released them about year ago, I think..

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Tunze's care magnet - best investment I've ever made. I clean 16.5 feet of star fire spotlessly in under 10mins. Right into sandbed not 1 scratch ever. !!!

glweek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Tunze's care magnet - best investment I've ever made. I clean 16.5 feet of star fire spotlessly in under 10mins. Right into sandbed not 1 scratch ever. !!!
I also have one and will never buy anything else. The fact that you can blast all the way into the sand with out a worry is well worth the price. Now all these scratches I've gotten from the mag floats over the years really ticks me off ha-ha. Should have made the investment in the beginning.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have one and will never buy anything else. The fact that you can blast all the way into the sand with out a worry is well worth the price. Now all these scratches I've gotten from the mag floats over the years really ticks me off ha-ha. Should have made the investment in the beginning.
Yeah. I just upgraded to a brand new build when these hit the market. My old tank had so many scratches that was one reason we moved on. Not one scratch. Best invention ever.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bbaz123456

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do anything for my tank to be glass!! Never will be going acrylic again.
I like the idea of the tunze, but it's only rated up to 3/4"

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I third the vote for the Tunze magnet, but I'm using it for 5/8" glass. Do they make one rated for 1"? I thought it capped out at 1/2".

chimmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.

That Tunze would've come in handy on my 36" cube. I got SO TIRED of scraping that dang coralline algae off the glass using a reach-in scraper and razor blades. That was one of the big reasons I got rid of it. So tired of the every-other-day cleaning :/

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back