Suggestions on a magnetic cleaner

Bbaz123456

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
316
Reaction score
203
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys using?
My tank is 1" acrylic and a lot of it. It is an 8.5' octagon that is a nightmare to clean. Over the years I have been trying to build the perfect cleaner and it has just not been working out.
I like idea of the great white with the scraper blade since corraline is a constant battle, but not sure how well it will actually work.
Any suggestions will be appreciated
 
I see it is rated up to 1" but do you use it on 1"? I see lots of positive reviews but they're all from people with 5/8-3/4 thick tanks. I just want to be sure it will be strong enough
 
Look into mighty magnets as well. They have some rated for panels thicker than 1", so you'll be covered regardless
 
I like the regular flipper, but have a glass tank less than an inch. But it has held up, and has replaceable blades for glass or acrylic.
I just wanted to mention there may be less reviews for the the flipper max because it has not been out as long. They released them about year ago, I think..
 
New Tunze's care magnet - best investment I've ever made. I clean 16.5 feet of star fire spotlessly in under 10mins. Right into sandbed not 1 scratch ever. !!!
 
New Tunze's care magnet - best investment I've ever made. I clean 16.5 feet of star fire spotlessly in under 10mins. Right into sandbed not 1 scratch ever. !!!
I also have one and will never buy anything else. The fact that you can blast all the way into the sand with out a worry is well worth the price. Now all these scratches I've gotten from the mag floats over the years really ticks me off ha-ha. Should have made the investment in the beginning.
 
I also have one and will never buy anything else. The fact that you can blast all the way into the sand with out a worry is well worth the price. Now all these scratches I've gotten from the mag floats over the years really ticks me off ha-ha. Should have made the investment in the beginning.
Yeah. I just upgraded to a brand new build when these hit the market. My old tank had so many scratches that was one reason we moved on. Not one scratch. Best invention ever.
image.jpeg
 
I would do anything for my tank to be glass!! Never will be going acrylic again.
I like the idea of the tunze, but it's only rated up to 3/4"
 
I also have one and will never buy anything else. The fact that you can blast all the way into the sand with out a worry is well worth the price. Now all these scratches I've gotten from the mag floats over the years really ticks me off ha-ha. Should have made the investment in the beginning.

I third the vote for the Tunze magnet, but I'm using it for 5/8" glass. Do they make one rated for 1"? I thought it capped out at 1/2".
 
Wow.

That Tunze would've come in handy on my 36" cube. I got SO TIRED of scraping that dang coralline algae off the glass using a reach-in scraper and razor blades. That was one of the big reasons I got rid of it. So tired of the every-other-day cleaning :/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new