Suggestions on Ballasts to possibly use here

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later once the tanks are completed, I questions here for what im too start these tanks with, for right now, im just looking to get them done so that I might begin to enjoy them.

Now the ballasts that Aquatic Concepts are pushing, they not been selling them for long and I had gotten no answers to their years in service, as is, I not feel good about something as that when their only looking to push one thing your way for your tanks.

http://sunlightsupply.com/product.c...951CCE0815D553447F1910B7084EA&c=53&kys=&pgi=1

http://sunlightsupply.com/product.c...951CCE0815D553447F1910B7084EA&c=57&kys=&pgi=1

Now the tanks are a 180 and 240 gal tanks, their will be three 250 MH on the 180 and four 250 watts MH on the 240 making it seven MH lights in all so do take that into account.

Now I need highly recommended ballasts for these tanks, and money for these are not an issue>

Please if links could be provided for any suggestions, it would be very helpful>
I will speak to tong the owner soon on both things, the lighting and sump. I'm also looking at the idea that the new sump with these people will be longer, 5' and that the chiller will be on the outside of the stand right beside the tank stand and I a thought to ask Tong if he could make a box from the same type of wood of the stand to cover the chiller from view>

Please, if something isn't well enough understood, please place in quote and ask for further explanations on it.

The idea that AC giving me was that Fish World would get in the parts to put in the 250 watts MH and I have AC put them in and I return the other 175 watts MH and ballasts to fish world. I made it known that if I have to dish the cash for this after paying for it that I will look to get this cash back through the courts.

The idea was that these tanks be completed soon, I see no end in sight with the waiting with fish worl, I now been waiting for 3.9 years>

Thanks

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use sunlight supply ballasts (i know 3 people who have problem with theres right out of the box)

but if you want something cheaper look into the icecap ballast or aro ballast

OP
OP
O

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aro ballast as you say aren't what im looking for, I think. But as is, I am looking for the best that I can get and money not so much a issue for these for im looking at spending somewhere around $400 for one duel ballasts. Most of what I seen on the aro are used as well for VHO lighting.

OP
OP
O

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes coralnutz, they are for all types of settings but being there been some good success with the blue wave, I will go with it>

I just completed some medical services and the cost for that was more then $6,000. Now the only things I coming up is at the end of the year, my property tax for $1350 and get some propane in my tank prior before the winter starts. Also I one other thing I still must get, and this I can do while the tanks are aging with fish, zoas and ric corals for seven months. I need to get this generator that gives 15,000 watts of power and cost $1,500. It wont run the MH, but it will be idea to support these reef tanks life supports if any power outages.

http://sunlightsupply.com/product.cf...s=&pgi=1

So I will be getting three duels and a single and I told the AC lfs I will go with double sided MH bulbs and change as well the reflectors. I only know right now that if I was to get four duels blue waves, the cost would be $1600, so now I wait for a quote from this store and decide which I would do first, the lighting or the sump.

My mind was made up in this on this product due to one other who PM his thread link as well from two others who had great success with this product. I do know that certain things can happen and one could experience some rather bad luck. I spoken to the company of that ballast and later I will order from them one single and duel to hold in storage for when if it be needed.

Another upgrade im to do prior to these reef tanks starting is to upgrade my RO/DI unit, again. For after I moved to this house almost four years ago, I had to add a second Hi-S DI cartridge and later I will add a duel set to run two Hi-S DI cartridges and two carbons and also add a booster pump.

I not know how this will fan out, I do however believe that this might go into early next year, for right now, it will depend on what the full cost for both jobs be for if it be only $3000, I would do all I can to get this money together in just three months, if higher then that, I not know for I need time before the end of the year to get the property tax together.

Also, im to get new skimmer for both tanks, The new lfs is thinking about the ASM smimmers>

Thanks

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250w Blue Wave 1 Pulse Start Remote Ballast is the one I was probably going to go with. I want to run the Radium bulbs, I have heard lots of good things. Plus I have $300 credit at the local LFS.:D

OP
OP
O

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would smile as well if I a $300 credit at a lfs to do over a small tank for which my 40 gal breeeder needs some serious adjustments and would cost more then $300. Shucks, I remembered one time i done a 30 gal setup with sump and all and ran me $850. Its kind of tough when one wants as best a setup on their tanks :cool:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back