Suggestions on nano tank.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I can get a 14 IM Peninsula for $100 and an AI Prime 16 with the flex arm for $100. Reefing does not have to be expensive, buy used and save money!!! Criagslist is your friend and so if your lfs! My lfs gets great deals on tanks, I would definitely ask there. Lots of people on Craigslist and eBay selling their lights for a fraction of the cost new. I actually prefer a desk than a tank stand, the drawers provide organized storage, the underneath are is perfect for an ATO, and it looks much nicer in the house imo. I got my 20 gallon tank full set up (lights, tank, skimmer, pumps, powerhead, stand, etc) for around $500. 200 for the tank with the skimmer and pumps included, 200 for both the AI Prime HDs and the flex arms, $75 for the desk (IKEA), and $25 for a new powerhead. You don’t have to buy everything new :)

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve owned the fluval spec v nano and currently have an innovative tank both great tanks would recommend the fluval if on a budget because it’s plug and play comes with a light bar and all things except a heater

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what is a good Nano tank. Thank You
I like a 20 gallon long. Many cheap lighting solutions to grow whatever you want due to its shallowness. Tank is relatively cheap. They measure 30 x 12 x 12 inches. You can use a 4 bulb t5 or a vipar spectra for lights. Even two primes or radeons if your budget allows it. I think it's a great size tank and water changes of 5 gallons every other week will be plenty as long as you don't overstock it. My tank is a 20 long and only use one ml of seachem eight four and my alk stays steady at 7.4 to 7.6 . Plus the levels of other nutrients in the tank will be a good test to keep at optimum levels withiut going up or down too fast. I think a 20 gallon is a great learning experience with some forgiveness

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back