Need tank suggestions

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, new to the group and hobby. I currently have a freshwater tank and now ready to go Saltwater. Can I get some feedback on Red Sea Nano Max AIO 20gal?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
not a bad tank to start off with. usually, members say to get the biggest tank you can afford so you are less likely to have to upgrade down the road

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a bad tank to start off with. usually, members say to get the biggest tank you can afford so you are less likely to have to upgrade down the road
Yeah, most have said that. In my case I have to consider space & budget, more importantly the Wife’s OK. I’m sure I’ll go bigger eventually, just wanna get my feet wet in the hobby, get use to maintenance, water changes, peramiters etc…

Upvote 0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would try to at least step up to a reefer 170. Its not that much more money and having a sump will make life so much easier. You have room to work, AIO are ussualy pretty cramped. You have room for a traditional skimmer vs hob, place for heaters, fuge if you want, more rock if you want less in the DT. I could go on but you probably get it.
I had an AIO that worked but was a pain working in the back chamber. I gave it away and stepped up to a reefer 170 gen 1 and been happy with it.
Nothing wrong with an AIO of that is what you want but I would only do it if I absolutely could not have a similar sized tank with a sump.
I also have a reefer 300 g2. The plug and play plumbing that comes with the redsea tanks only requires assembly and is pretty easy. Ive done diy plumbing also but do not really like doing it. JMO ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would try to at least step up to a reefer 170. Its not that much more money and having a sump will make life so much easier. You have room to work, AIO are ussualy pretty cramped. You have room for a traditional skimmer vs hob, place for heaters, fuge if you want, more rock if you want less in the DT. I could go on but you probably get it.
I had an AIO that worked but was a pain working in the back chamber. I gave it away and stepped up to a reefer 170 gen 1 and been happy with it.
Nothing wrong with an AIO of that is what you want but I would only do it if I absolutely could not have a similar sized tank with a sump.
I also have a reefer 300 g2. The plug and play plumbing that comes with the redsea tanks only requires assembly and is pretty easy. Ive done diy plumbing also but do not really like doing it. JMO ;)
Yeah I’m definitely considering that one as well.

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you will upgrade at some point. I had a fluval 13.5 and i upgraded to red sea reefer 200. The sump is a game changer it was pretty easy to set up took me one full day including setting up my cabinet, skimmer, reef mat, and putting rock and water in. I have a build thread on my account if you want to check it out!

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you will upgrade at some point. I had a fluval 13.5 and i upgraded to red sea reefer 200. The sump is a game changer it was pretty easy to set up took me one full day including setting up my cabinet, skimmer, reef mat, and putting rock and water in. I have a build thread on my account if you want to check it out!
Have you had any issues with your Red Sea. I know the their tanks look amazing, but I’ve also heard a lot of negative reviews, leaks, bad customer service. I’m also considering Innivatine Marine 40-50gal

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I believe the leaks have been fixed when they came out with the series 2 so has a lot of the problems people complained ab. I don’t really know about their customer service as I have not reached out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I believe the leaks have been fixed when they came out with the series 2 so has a lot of the problems people complained ab. I don’t really know about their customer service as I have not reached out.
Well that’s good to know. Thanks

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so far I love my Red Sea reefer 200 it’s easy to set up it looks great and Red Sea sells everything you need that can all be used in their reef beat app that you can control everything from your phone.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that? I probably would add reasons to why you wouldn’t get a tank rather than just tell someone not to get it.

They are extremely pricey for what you get. Their 26 gallon is $1000, which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are extremely pricey for what you get. Their 26 gallon is $1000, which is ridiculous.
I do agree on that but if you do the bundle with their equipment it is a good deal. But if you’re gonna piece by piece a tank then it’s just what you are looking for and what your budget is. Because I think Red Sea seems the most user friendly tank to build and set up and add stuff to it. That’s just me personally but I’ve also heard good things ab innovative marine and waterbox. I was actually gonna get a water now aio 60 gallon but ended up getting the reefer 200

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so far I love my Red Sea reefer 200 it’s easy to set up it looks great and Red Sea sells everything you need that can all be used in their reef beat app that you can control everything from your phone.
Yes, Red Sea does have it advantages.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back