Suggestions to make this forum more efficient

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way that we can put location tags for our state like we do in the selling forums?

If so, can we subscribe to certain state/states? This way I can see people near me in need of help and possibly get alerts when someone posts for help in Michigan?

please mention any admins that you think this should reach.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@evolved beat me to it. You can subscribe/watch the Michigan forum and receive alerts when anyone posts within that forum.

OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but this is the emergency forum, I would like to be notified about emergency posts in my state to lend a hand when possible. adding these features to this forum would help me get a spare heater or pump to someone, maybe loan out one of my many spare tanks when someones tank cracks or leaks. im the type of person who keeps several spares of almost anything and wouldnt mind loaning it out to someone locally if they needed it short term.

the local forums are mostly full of frag swap announcements

also why are we allowing "help i have GHA" posts in this forum? it just buries the real emergencies.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about this forum software, but what you are asking for is likely out of the scope of the platform. There are location 'prefixes' available, and may plugins. However, there would have to be a huge buy in for this feature (from the other members) to justify the change to the configuration (adding features involves development, testing, QA, and so on).

You could start by getting all your fellow Michiganians (I looked that up, sorry if that suffix is incorrect) to use a hashtage, like #MichiganHelp as well as follow it. If you follow a hashtag, you should be alerted when someone uses it.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, this post is just as much of an emergency as every "GHA explosion help asap" post made in the emergency forum. You may not consider GHA an emergency or urgent threat, but many others do...

I like your idea of being notified if someone in your area has an emergency. Not sure how realistic it is though or how many members would actually utilize the feature, if it's even possible. BUT, in the meantime, you can sign up for notifications for the entire emergency forum just to kinda keep an eye on things. Your willingness to help others in need is greatly appreciated anyway ;-)

Unfortunately, the Michiganders reefing community seems to be very active on facebook and not really anywhere else as far as I know.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back