Suggestions

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 60gal tank with 50,60ish gall sump.
I'm planning on getting a puffer,box fish, eel and dwarf lionfish. Any suggestions on what else I could add? Are there any aggression issues in this group?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boxfish get too large and depending on the puffer species, can get bothered by the puffer. If it is harassed to much it can release a toxin that can kill all the inhabitants of the tank.

Puffers can be nippy to the fins of lions.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boxfish get too large and depending on the puffer species, can get bothered by the puffer. If it is harassed to much it can release a toxin that can kill all the inhabitants of the tank.

Puffers can be nippy to the fins of lions.
thx bud, glad i didn't buy a box fish (LFS told me it won't get big in small tank ;/) I know I'm dumb, so i thought i better ask u guys.

Is there any similar cool looking fishes like a box fish?
any suggestions on what else I can add? (eel and lion is the must have) and I'll have the puffer as its been with a dwarf lion for months without any problems.

thatsaltydogchris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful with your choice of eel I had a fimbriated moray eat 3 lion fish clown trigger and another eel

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful with your choice of eel I had a fimbriated moray eat 3 lion fish clown trigger and another eel
Have no fear my boy... I'm only getting a snowflake.... Famous for being a good little boy... and he always hides

Last edited by a moderator:

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflake, dwarf lion, and one of the small puffer species sounds like a good mix.

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear about dwarf lion I have a75 gallon and looking to add something along my red banded hawkfish and snowflake eel I just got. I used to have a volitan lion fish which got eaten by my yellow head eel.

Back