• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

suggestions

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made a deal with someone here on the forum for an assortment of items for an AIO setup
we made the agreement over the weekend and i sent payment Monday just before noon via Venmo, he said he would ship Tuesday, and that was the last i heard from him i sent him multiple messages with no response. i don't want to jump the gun, but its been 5 or so days, should i give him more time?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @DeepSeaReefer7

Best thing you can do is create a feedback thread stating your side of the transaction and tag the user in it. And if no response is recieved file a claim with venmo and your credit card company.
Feedback can be left here :

Good luck and have a nice day :)

Crabs

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made a deal with someone here on the forum for an assortment of items for an AIO setup
we made the agreement over the weekend and i sent payment Monday just before noon via Venmo, he said he would ship Tuesday, and that was the last i heard from him i sent him multiple messages with no response. i don't want to jump the gun, but its been 5 or so days, should i give him more time?

you shouldn’t have waited until wednesday, even!!

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only acceptable if they live in an area affected by Dorian.
Down here that has thrown off everybody's schedule. They could have evacuated because of the storm or anything else if they are in the SE US.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow. doesn't take much to acknowledge.
Here , I sold three items in 4 days and theyre all shipped out Priority.. . . . And I work nights 12-13 hrs /day

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a new thread thanks everyone
Venmo doesnt do secured payments like paypal.
Not sure what I'm going to do.
also make sure you tag the user in your post, that way they get a notification of the thread.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General advice:
Pay with services that offer protection.
Never send as a gift, friends & family, whatever.
Don’t buy from people whose only forum posts are offering to sell you stuff.
Ask for pictures of the stuff you are buying.
Contact their local law enforcement if you have their name and address.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
General advice:
Pay with services that offer protection.
Never send as a gift, friends & family, whatever.
Don’t buy from people whose only forum posts are offering to sell you stuff.
Ask for pictures of the stuff you are buying.
Contact their local law enforcement if you have their name and address.
Good points. In Most jurisdictions, Police will not get involved as this is a civil matter and non-crime such as forgery, theft, etc.
Take Crabs advice and Tag him IMMEDIATELY. He will get the message plus realize many of us are watching to see outcome of this.

OP
OP
DeepSeaReefer7

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good points. In Most jurisdictions, Police will not get involved as this is a civil matter and non-crime such as forgery, theft, etc.
Take Crabs advice and Tag him IMMEDIATELY. He will get the message plus realize many of us are watching to see outcome of this.
i tagged him in the other official thread

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

not always the case. as ex leo i can tell you this varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. the extent and nature of the situation is also taken into consideration. some departments may not be able to act on the alleged crime, but they may still be willing to take a report. could be useful if it goes to court.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back