Suitable for a zoa island?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsween89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lsween89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
35
Location
scotland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

When I first set up the tank I had put in a resin faux brain coral rock (I know I know faux is bad) when I was just planning on a FOWLR tank. However I’ve now decided after a lot of reading I do want some softies in the tank.
The brain coral has been in now for almost 4 months so I’m loathed to remove it because of the bacteria on it.
AI has suggested I could use it as a zoa island and let them cover it? Would his be suitable? I’ve got some other rock for other islands but if this is feasible I would like to do it rather than removing it from the tank and confusing the crabs who like to hide behind it. See orange faux coral below.


20260310_142747_822D7783-B2C9-44C1-8F99-8A738D64646E.png
 
Yes,if you glue frag plugs of zoas to it they will likely spread. They’ll attach to about anything that’s why it is recommended to keep them isolated if you don’t want them taking over a whole rock scape
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new