Sulfur Denitrator questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter iReefer12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
FYI - I’m hitting max denitrification hence no more negative ORP for me. I’m running at +50mV and not trying to drive down nitrate further without removing more sulfur media. The Kamoer was getting a workout at 140mls/min hence I’ve removed it. We are going off the return’s manifold.

Curious on what you guys do once your nitrate is too low?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5968.png
    IMG_5968.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 32
FYI - I’m hitting max denitrification hence no more negative ORP for me. I’m running at +50mV and not trying to drive down nitrate further without removing more sulfur media. The Kamoer was getting a workout at 140mls/min hence I’ve removed it. We are going off the return’s manifold.

Curious on what you guys do once your nitrate is too low?
I just adjust the kamoer to keep it below 5. It was running 8 yesterday and I won't adjust until it reaches 10. I see no difference running 2-3 vs 5-10. I was keeping it below 5 but my new setpoint is now <10.
My reactor is only running 15mlm so it should grow with the system.
Current system usage is 2.5dkh daily.
 
I just adjust the kamoer to keep it below 5. It was running 8 yesterday and I won't adjust until it reaches 10. I see no difference running 2-3 vs 5-10. I was keeping it below 5 but my new setpoint is now <10.
My reactor is only running 15mlm so it should grow with the system.
Current system usage is 2.5dkh daily.
Sorry I was not clear - talking about sulfur denitrator, not calcium reactor.

You’ll need to run with a lot higher throughout to get positive ORP - basically, starving the bacteria.
 
Sorry I was not clear - talking about sulfur denitrator, not calcium reactor.

You’ll need to run with a lot higher throughout to get positive ORP - basically, starving the bacteria.
That is my no3 reactor. I don't use an orp meter just the kamoer.
The dkh was just how much my system is using. Had nothing to do with the no3.😀
20250824_144128.jpg
 
Right - I’m aware. My point was: what do people do to throttle denitrification and let nitrate rise? I’m already feeding like crazy.
1. Remove more media (it’s messy and I don’t like it)
2. Increase for maximum flow (this is appealing but not sure if it’s working)
3. Stop the flow to the reactor. This will create sulfur chloride- flush the reactor later, also messy.

???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new