Summoning the Dragonet Police

SWMBO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, er, this is absolutely not what anyone would recommend. But I'm basing this tank around this Ruby Red Dragonet and I'm preparing to buy pods like I buy dog food...

This little guy is the first fishy resident of my nano tank. He is hunting away happily and has picked a cave at the front of the tank to hang out in. He is tiny! I'm keeping a close eye on the ASBO hermit in case someone needs a restraining order.

20210529_113829.jpg

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you have a "safe space" for your copepods, to meet up....shag....grow...and then move into the DT - you'll be fine.

I have a 29g setup....with pipefish, mandarins and 2 flame fin prawn gobies - entire tank ONLY eats pods. Haven't fed it since December 2020.

I use a 5g Fijiji Cube as a hang on refugium.....works like a charm! Only added pods 2x, since start up.

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you have a "safe space" for your copepods, to meet up....shag....grow...and then move into the DT - you'll be fine.

I have a 29g setup....with pipefish, mandarins and 2 flame fin prawn gobies - entire tank ONLY eats pods. Haven't fed it since December 2020.

I use a 5g Fijiji Cube as a hang on refugium.....works like a charm! Only added pods 2x, since start up.
Just got a pipefish and would love to hear more about them. The dragonet looks awesome!

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a pipefish and would love to hear more about them. The dragonet looks awesome!
I love my dragonfaced pipes! I want to get a pair of blue stripped too.....pipefish are amazing and very easy to care for, I've found.

I had bad luck....with singles - wasn't till I got a pair, that they thrived. I've been told, most of the species are monogomus and do better, as a pair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-173126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-173126_Gallery.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 50

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's cool, I have a green male. Mine eats frozen spirulina brine shrimp. And is not tank bred. Have you tried using a baster and feed him frozen spirulina brine shrimp?

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my dragonfaced pipes! I want to get a pair of blue stripped too.....pipefish are amazing and very easy to care for, I've found.

I had bad luck....with singles - wasn't till I got a pair, that they thrived. I've been told, most of the species are monogomus and do better, as a pair.
Those guys look awesome! I have a single blue stripped hopefully he does ok! Do you ever feed yours frozen if so what do yours eat?

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, er, this is absolutely not what anyone would recommend. But I'm basing this tank around this Ruby Red Dragonet and I'm preparing to buy pods like I buy dog food...

This little guy is the first fishy resident of my nano tank. He is hunting away happily and has picked a cave at the front of the tank to hang out in. He is tiny! I'm keeping a close eye on the ASBO hermit in case someone needs a restraining order.

20210529_113829.jpg
what size tank do you have? :D

DarthChaos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those guys look awesome! I have a single blue stripped hopefully he does ok! Do you ever feed yours frozen if so what do yours eat?
I've tried before....mysis, brine, krill - they have no interest. I dont mind, lol - their preferred eating habits are easy for me to manage.

They are always on the hunt - picking off the pods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back