OP
S

SWMBO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on your dragonet??
She is growing nicely and is queen of the tank. I dosed pods at least twice a week to start with, and add phyto to the tank every day. The pod population is now stable, but I'm ready to add more whenever its needed. Other residents are a juvenile ocellaris, trochus and nassarius snails and some hitchhikers that came in a bag of macroalgae.

Attachments

• 20210705_204614.jpg
    20210705_204614.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 53

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is growing nicely and is queen of the tank. I dosed pods at least twice a week to start with, and add phyto to the tank every day. The pod population is now stable, but I'm ready to add more whenever its needed. Other residents are a juvenile ocellaris, trochus and nassarius snails and some hitchhikers that came in a bag of macroalgae.
Just picked up my little female red ruby. Such nice colours. She is already picking at the substrate and rocks. I have pods all over the glass an y mandarins are eating pellets when they are not eating pods. I’m hoping my tank can sustain all 3.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• A181445C-32E1-4C6B-A4EF-9D82D1776D4C.jpeg
    A181445C-32E1-4C6B-A4EF-9D82D1776D4C.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 43

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that a few months have passed, how is she doing? Do you find that you need supplemental pods on the regular, or has she adapted to prepared food?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could supplement the pods with freshly hatched baby brine shrimp as well. Super easy and cheap to hatch them and only take about 24 hours.

OP
OP
S

SWMBO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for getting in touch. She did really well on a weekly dose of pods and daily phyto. Unfortunately she died a month ago when the thermostat failed on my heater while I was at work and the tank overheated. I am very upset as this was a result of me changing heaters for what I mistakenly thought was a better one. Lesson learned, if it ain't broke...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back