sump advice

tworegtdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to have a sump built by a custom tank maker, DT is around 250 gallons, sump with be around 100 gallons. I'm hellbent to have clarisea sk-5000 as part of the filtration system, anything i should customize the sump to make it "clarisea" ready? I am thinking using filter sock as well, anyone here are using both filter floss and sk-5000 at the same time? Thanks in advance!

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to have a sump built by a custom tank maker, DT is around 250 gallons, sump with be around 100 gallons. I'm hellbent to have clarisea sk-5000 as part of the filtration system, anything i should customize the sump to make it "clarisea" ready? I am thinking using filter sock as well, anyone here are using both filter floss and sk-5000 at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Can't say I am. I'd avoid over customizing a sump since replacing it sucks, so the sump should be able to function without filter socks or the filter system correctly.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I am. I'd avoid over customizing a sump since replacing it sucks, so the sump should be able to function without filter socks or the filter system correctly.
That’s exactly what I did. I have room for a filter roller, and socks. Would all work just fine without either of those running though.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back