Sump baffles

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to DIY my first sump fir my 30 gal reef tank. I was wondering if anyone has tried using 6"+ PVC piping with holes drilled in for water flow instead of flat sheets of plastic or glass for the baffles. I was thinking of going this route as a way to maximize the space I have in my small 6 gal sump. I should be able to fit my nano skimmer in one and my return pump at the opposite end in another. Anyone have any thoughts or try this idea yet???

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to DIY my first sump fir my 30 gal reef tank. I was wondering if anyone has tried using 6"+ PVC piping with holes drilled in for water flow instead of flat sheets of plastic or glass for the baffles. I was thinking of going this route as a way to maximize the space I have in my small 6 gal sump. I should be able to fit my nano skimmer in one and my return pump at the opposite end in another. Anyone have any thoughts or try this idea yet???
I haven’t heard or seen anyone do this, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be done. I think as long as you’re able to control water height in each area you should be okay. I’m probably missing something but ….

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back