Sump clean up crew

All I run in my sump is a filter sock and live rock with a skimmer... Anyone ever put snails or hermits in the sump... Just curious.

I used to have an unidentified and very viscous crab in mine for a number of months, seemed to keep his home pretty clean but he also made it all but impossible for me to get in there...very protective! Also got a little big but before I could move him on he died! Anyway, just a side story but will be interested to hear what other people keep/put in their sumps.
 
All I run in my sump is a filter sock and live rock with a skimmer... Anyone ever put snails or hermits in the sump... Just curious.
I keep three scarlet hermit crabs in my sump. They are too big to get caught anywhere i wouldn't want them, and they do a decent job keeping it clean.
 
Mexican turbos keep the sump clean. I bounce them back and forth between DT and sump. They're big enough that they don't get sucked into the skimmer pump.
 
Interested in adding some inverts in my refugium myself. Any thoughts on what kind would work well with refugium mud and Cheto? Thinking of a peppermint shrimp with some regular crabs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new