Sump Clearance Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CURRENT PRICING - UPDATED 9/5/23

Originally posted in the 2022 Black Friday / Cyber Monday section - but these deals are here until all sumps are gone!

In case you missed it: CWT Aquatics was merged into Turbo's Aquatics at the end of last year. CWT Aquatics was originally formed for the purpose of manufacturing acrylic sumps that were compatible with Algae Scrubbers. Just to alleviate any confusion...CWT was always a separate entity from Turbo's Aquatics and Clear Water Scrubbers and was a joint venture between Josh and I until I bought out his half of CWT last year (it made sense to both of us).

Over the last year, I've been working on a new style of sump that will allow end users to custom-configure and re-configure the sump. I'm planning to roll this new line of sumps out later this year or early next year.

That leaves me with a stockpile of the CWT sumps. I'm going to blow these out at below the wholesale price. Let's be clear about what that means - I'm selling these directly to end users for less than what I would charge a distributor. This is the best deal you're ever going to find for a sump of this quality, possibly ever.

These are great sumps and they look slick. They are designed around integration of an Algae Scrubber, but the support rails are repositionable and removable so you don't need to use an Algae Scrubber.

These were originally carried by BRS & SaltwaterAquarium, but I pulled them due to the new sump in the works - I don't like selling a previous version of anything I make without some kind of disclosure about what is coming around the corner. No one likes buying something and then finding out that something new came out a week after you bought it.

VERSIONS

There are 2 versions of this line of sumps:
  • Rev A had the filter sock holder bonded in place
  • Rev B changed this to a removable tray
The purpose of the latter was for compatibility with the Clarisea Rollermat (Gen 1 & Gen 2, with a conversion kit that I developed). Long story short, when Clarisea rolled out Gen 3, that made compatibility with the Clarisea Rollermat unfeasible. So I started working on a new version and ended up starting from scratch with a new concept instead.

I have both versions in stock, both "new" (undamaged) and "blemished" products, and I have a few levels of "blemished". I'm discounting all of these down to blowout pricing. These prices will stand until they are all gone.

SHIPPING

I am applying a flat-rate shipping to each size. That will be the "max" shipping. If the actual shipping turns out to be less, I'll refund the difference.

One catch is that the largest model (the 55S) is an oversized box, so the shipping on that one is really steep (one of the reasons I'm ditching the product line). The 50S is also technically oversized, but sometimes UPS doesn't check and it skates by (but if not, I eat the excess). People within the SpeeDee delivery area would potentially get a better rate on these two larger size sumps.

Local pickup is also available, but you must contact me for this option instead of purchasing via my website (my workshop is located in Grimes, IA, in the Des Moines metro area)

Update on shipping:

I have a new shipping partner and I'm getting a deal for the remainder of the year - the 25S and 35S will ship out UPS Next Day Air at no additional charge!

The 50S will still likely ship UPS ground most likely

The 55S will most likely ship UPS ground, or SpeeDee, or via Air Terminal.

PRICES

25S
- PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE: $499 shipped

25sumpfront.jpg

25sumpleft.jpg

MORE PICS:
Note: photos represent Rev A model
All prices below include a $65 flat shipping charge
Discounted price (Rev B, undamaged/new): $375 (25% off) (i.e. $310 + $65 shipping) (2 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $292 ($227+$65)
Previous version (Rev A, undamaged/new): $337 (32% off) (4 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $264 ($199+$65)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with minor damage): $319 (36% off) (1 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $251 ($186+$65)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with moderate damage): $300 (40% off) (out of stock)

35S - PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE: $579 shipped

35sumpfront.jpg

35sumpfrontleft.jpg

35sumpfrontright.jpg

MORE PICS:
All prices below include an $81 flat shipping charge
Discounted price (Rev B, undamaged/new): $440 (24% off) (i.e. $359 + $81 shipping) (12 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $344 ($263+$81)
Previous version (Rev A, undamaged/new): $396 (32% off) (0 in stock)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with minor damage): $375 (35% off) (0 in stock)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with moderate damage): $353 (39% off) (0 in stock)
50S - PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE $697 shipped

50sumpfront.jpg

50sumpfrontleft.jpg

50sumpfrontright2.jpg

MORE PICS:
All prices below include a $96 flat shipping charge
Discounted price (Rev B, undamaged/new): $529 (24% off) (i.e. $433 + $96 shipping) (14 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $413 ($317+$96)
Previous version (Rev A, undamaged/new): $477 (32% off) (4 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $375 ($279+$96)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with minor damage): $451 (35% off) (2 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $356 ($260+$96)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with moderate damage): $425 (39% off) (1 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $337 ($241+$96)
55S - PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE $824 shipped (Note: this price included a $75 customer-paid shipping charge)

55sumpfront.jpg

55sumpfrontleft.jpg

55sumpfrontright.jpg

MORE PICS:
All prices below include a $182 flat shipping charge
Discounted price (Rev B, undamaged/new): $647 (21% off) (i.e. $465 + $182 shipping) (7 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $522 ($340+$182)
Previous version (Rev A, undamaged/new): $591 (28% off) (3 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $481 ($299+$182)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with minor damage): $563 (32% off) (3 in stock)​
END OF MARCH SUPER EXTRA BLOWOUT DISCOUNT SALE: ADDITIONAL 27% OFF PRICE BEFORE SHIPPING: $461 ($279+$182)
Blemished (Rev A or Rev B with moderate damage): $535 (35% off) (out of stock)

HOW TO BUY

These will be available for purchase directly on my website soon (this week). Once that is live, I will post the link!

CART & CHECKOUT ARE LIVE:

All Previous Version and Blemished listings will be individually separated so it is clear what you are buying.

Payment forms I can take:
  • Credit/Debit
  • PayPal
  • Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
If you want to pay cash and/or pick up in person, contact me directly

Let me know if you have any questions!

WHAT ABOUT THAT NEW SUMP????

I can't tell you a whole lot of detail at this point, at least not until I have decided whether or not to pursue some level of IP protection.

What I can tell you is:
  • It will be modular approach, with virtually unlimited configurations.
  • Complete reconfiguration of a sump is possible without removing/replacing the sump.
  • Kits will available for various configurations, or you can easily DIY your own.
  • The line will be available in a variety of standard sizes.
  • The concept is also scalable, so a custom size mainly involves increasing dimensions and cutting bigger parts. My goal is to do away with "custom sumps"
I'm going to call it Doomsday. Because it'll be the last sump you need, and it'll last you until the stuff hits the fan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct - the support rails are removable. They are not installed for shipping, they are secured inside the box but separate from the sump. That was a lesson learned early on, when they tended to break free and would occasionally punch baseball-sized holes in the sump.

If you don't run a scrubber, no problem - you now have a pretty large center chamber

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the Klir and the Clarisea Gen 1&2 fit in the filter sock chamber. You can still use a ReefMat, but only in the center chamber and probably directly fed from the overflow or from a split feed, etc

General compatibility with a wide range of products is difficult when you weld baffles in place. My new design should this problem.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cart is live!!

Update on shipping:

I have a new shipping partner and I'm getting a deal for the remainder of the year - the 25S and 35S will ship out UPS Next Day Air at no additional charge!

The 50S will still likely ship UPS ground most likely

The 55S will most likely ship UPS ground, or SpeeDee, or via Air Terminal.

Payment forms I can take:
  • Credit/Debit
  • PayPal
  • Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
If you want to pay cash and/or pick up in person, contact me directly

Let me know if you have any questions!

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP FOR CYBER MONDAY

Listings have all been updated with prices in the body of each listing and price for local pickup (i.e. no shipping)

Note: if you wish to pick up locally, do not use the cart - contact me directly to arrange payment and pickup

Some listing corrections made, primarily copy/paste errors that I did not catch related to filter roller compatibility and the version listed in the full description. My bad.

I've added direct links to each listing in the first post

Also please remember that the flat shipping is the MAX shipping - if I'm able to get a better rate, you will be reimbursed the difference!

I'm working hard at giving everyone the best possible deal on these sumps. They are great sumps, there's nothing inherently wrong with the design.

If you don't have an Algae Scrubber, just remove the rails and you have a very spacious center chamber.

One last thing I need to update is actual photos of the damage on the "blemished" listings. But most people would have difficulty finding the actual damage on most sumps. I'm going to try to update these today, but if you have questions on a specific sump, post here and I'll dig up the photo

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump!

Thread moved from the Black Friday / Cyber Monday forum to my Sponsor Forum. This deal is here until these are all gone!

All listings for "blemished" sumps in the first post now contain photos of the actual sump in the listing, pinpointing the exact blemishes - so you know exactly what you are buying. As you will see from the majority of these, they are primarily surface scuffs and scratches that you would probably have after a few years of use.

Reminder: shipping for the 25 & 35 gets a free upgrade from UPS Ground to UPS Next Day Air through the end of the year!

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated OP with some pics

I still have plenty of these in stock. Been blasting all over FaceBook groups for a few weeks.

So what's the deal, is no one in the market for sumps right now? I mean these prices are stupid low and everyone who I've spoke with that bought one in the past is very happy with the build quality and the design.

If you're in the midwest and in the SpeeDee delivery zone (North/South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and parts of the Michigan UP) the most you are ever going to pay for shipping ANY sump is about $53. Their large box charge doesn't apply to the 50 & 55 like it does at UPS.

That means a 55 delivered is about $520 at the most, which is about 37% off the previous retail price.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the deal, is no one in the market for sumps right now? I mean these prices are stupid low and everyone who I've spoke with that bought one in the past is very happy with the build quality and the design.

Hard to say what people spending on these days as it relates to the hobby. Maybe you should give them some made up names like TA Pearlberry 25XXL. That would probably do the trick. :)

On a more serious note they do appear to be well made, clean, and a decent price. As far as sumps go. I am not looking for a sump but if I was as you asked me why I didn't choose yours it isn't because of the name :) It would be that I require 3 1.5" drains and there doesn't appear to be an option for that (Traditional Bean Animal overflow). Also I do not wear socks so would prefer that area optional and a place for a skimmer since the primary and secondary would fall here.

The middle area is open and looks nice. Good for rubble, refuge, etc. I like it. Return area and what appears to be dosing line drops is also nice. High flow intake area. I like it.

I don't know how one builds a sump for the masses in this hobby. Optional pieces are nice. For example an option to add a bulkhead would be cool in the middle area or area next to the return box. I think your new sump you are talking about it - modular. There is one out there that is really nice - forget the manufacture name but it was a bit expensive.

Hope your day is going well and that the sumps go. They look nice so I'm sure they will. Have an amazing evening.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @areefer01 thanks so much for your thoughts. That is valuable to me because that is exactly why I came up with the new design I've been working on. Everyone has specific needs and it's really hard to make one general design that fits many different needs - so you end up making 3 or 4 designs, and then you still have people asking you for custom designs.

I wanted to come up with something that was flexible enough that just about anyone could make it work for them. The problem is, coming up with a base framework that allows that flexibility, then coming up with kits and modules. But that's exactly what I was able to do.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A modular sump is a great idea.

I don't buy fancy acrylic sumps because I can buy a cheap petco tank and have baffles cut to my exact needs. I don't see anything wrong with the ones you are selling though and many people use pre-made sumps.

That being said... modular may change my mind for next build. I did have to drain my sump once and re-do the baffles for a new (larger) skimmer, let it cure for a few days and then re-hook it up once.

It would be nice to know a sump can change with ya... whether that means a different sized skimmer or adding a refugium or changing to a roller mat, etc.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @areefer01 thanks so much for your thoughts. That is valuable to me because that is exactly why I came up with the new design I've been working on. Everyone has specific needs and it's really hard to make one general design that fits many different needs - so you end up making 3 or 4 designs, and then you still have people asking you for custom designs.

I wanted to come up with something that was flexible enough that just about anyone could make it work for them. The problem is, coming up with a base framework that allows that flexibility, then coming up with kits and modules. But that's exactly what I was able to do.
Why don't you discount the new models? Don't you think that's what the reefers are waiting for? Why buy the old when the new one is so much better?

I did look at the old, and I just don't need one at the moment. When/if I do get there they will likely will all be sold our and i will be forced to pay top dollars for the new modular ones, (which I really do like, btw!) I hope the market opens back up and people start reefing again but these times are scary to me.

Ok people, buy this sump! :)
Drag Queen Thank You GIF by Paramount+

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you discount the new models? Don't you think that's what the reefers are waiting for? Why buy the old when the new one is so much better?

I did look at the old, and I just don't need one at the moment. When/if I do get there they will likely will all be sold our and i will be forced to pay top dollars for the new modular ones, (which I really do like, btw!) I hope the market opens back up and people start reefing again but these times are scary to me.

Ok people, buy this sump! :)
Drag Queen Thank You GIF by Paramount+
Well, while I have finished the bulk of the design, the process to make this next version requires very stringent techniques. All the kits that I have come up with, as well as future ones for anything else that might be needed, have to work with every "base" sump that is out there.

I'm trying to make that process less time consuming while getting the results I require (bubble free joints, etc). Once I actually release the design, you'll see what I mean. Right now, it's a very time consuming process to build one of these so that means the labor is high, price is high

So short version is I can't offer a discount if I don't know what it will cost to even make one, let alone sell it. That's putting the cart before the horse.

Also, I'm not going to be selling this version only direct, I'm also going to be selling it to stores & distributors and they want a margin. Best case, when I first release these I would sell direct at wholesale for a short time, but then when I flip to selling through stores and distributors, that deal goes away and you buy from me direct for the same price as you buy from anywhere else.

My goal here though is to keep it no frills, low cost, bang for the buck. As best I can. And what that comes down to is streamlined and consistent production - and not jumping the gun.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***** Shipping update *****

My shipping partner is actually a college friend (fraternity brother) and he is trying to hit an end-of-year goal. He gave me the green light to ship everything the most expensive way possible, but he would only charge ground rates.

This deal is good for all sump that are shipped through this coming Thursday 12/22

So if you want a sump for Christmas, I will send one to you UPS Next Day Air Early for the cost of UPS Ground.

Note that you still have to pay for it lol...I'm not gonna just send you one because you want it

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***** Shipping update *****

My shipping partner is actually a college friend (fraternity brother) and he is trying to hit an end-of-year goal. He gave me the green light to ship everything the most expensive way possible, but he would only charge ground rates.

This deal is good for all sump that are shipped through this coming Thursday 12/22

So if you want a sump for Christmas, I will send one to you UPS Next Day Air Early for the cost of UPS Ground.

Note that you still have to pay for it lol...I'm not gonna just send you one because you want it

Sounds like a great opportunity to be honest.

Back