Sump Design - Input requested

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set your sump up this way then you will be fine. The only thing I would not do is have that baffle on the right so high because that will create a waterfall which will make noise. You also don't need two valves just the one on the right.

IMG_4004.jpg

OP
OP
Akadios

Akadios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set your sump up this way then you will be fine. The only thing I would not do is have that baffle on the right so high because that will create a waterfall which will make noise. You also don't need two valves just the one on the right.

IMG_4004.jpg
Okay. One last question for now until I build this and then I will post pictures for any comments people have. There seems to be 2 different setups for bubble traps one using 3 pieces of glass and one using only 2. For instance the picture above which uses 3 vs some I have seen where there is a piece flush with the bottom that water falls over and then a single piece with a gap on the bottom and no piece blocking the water and making it flow up again. Is there a need for this third piece?

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I've seen bubble traps made is with 3 pieces of glass 1 inch apart. Can't really comment on what two pieces of glass would do or if it would work.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back