Sump for 24x24 tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DxSOR25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DxSOR25

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
219
Reaction score
72
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 30 gallon rimless tank.. Dimensions are 24x24x12. Anyone who has a similar size tank or can offer some input it would be greatly appreciated! The stand the sump would go in is the same length and width as the tank.. I would like to have a fuge..

Thanks,
Derek
 
ur gonna have to build it 15 gallons are 24" long and 10 gallons are pretty tiny
 
Turfster that's sweet but I half a million 10 gallons I would rather do a DIY if I was going to use that size..

And I've never built anything from scratch.. And quite frankly I don't think I trust myself lol.. I can't believe I'm going to have to she'll out more money for a sump then I have for the 2 rimless tanks and stands.. I have a 45 and 30

Thanks everyone.. Now I just need to find out a plan and dimensions and how to do baffles and have to have a section for skimmer and fuge! I think I wanna do the SC aquatics skimmer.

Any ideas??? Lol
 
You can build it man...;) there not that hard to build fwiw... Check out the diy sumps sticky in the diy forum...
 
So u think I should just buy a couple sheets of acrylic and go from scratch?
 
I would personally build it from acrylic! The standard 10's as stated before are tiny!
 
In all honesty.. Building a sump scares me haha I dont trust myself.. Besides I really don't know how to create one for a cube.. I looked at trigger systems does anyone know if they make custom cube sumps? Or another company that builds cube sumps?
 
ok so hopefully someone can help me out here.. i guess i will do a diy sump out of acrylic.. anyone know a good website to get the acrylic and what brand to get? and most importantly what thickness for a 20x20 sump.. thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new