Sump/fuge 36g bowfront

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as posted, my 36gal bowfront is up and running. I have a spair 10gal that fits real well in the stand that I was hoping to make as sump/fuge out of. Not sure that a 20gal would fit, but I haven't measured it to see if it fits length wise to know for sure. Height wise I am good, for some reason there isnt a shelf built into the stand. Question is...is it possible to do a sump/fuge worth anything in a 10gal? If a 20gal tall wont fit, would I be better servied to DIY an acrylic (I have no acrylc skills but LOVE a good DIY project) sump/fuge or make a small baffled DSB sump with the 10gal and then a HOB fuge for pods and macro alge

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen tanks with small sumps. It can be done. You don't have to put baffles in it but will limit what can go in there. A compact skimmer and return pump. Maybe some chaeto.

OP
OP
F

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my concern, that a 10gal isnt going to have enough room to be able to do a job worth putting the effort into making it into something. That is why I am thinking maybe a DIY acrylic if the 20gal tall won't fit...or do the 10gal for a sump and then do a HOB fuge

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back