sump help

nathancaspi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys and girls i got a couple of questions about my sump

1. i built a fiji cube 20 long baffle kit sump it was build for my 65 but wife family came over long story short the crack my tank wife bought me a 120 used tank to replace it will this sump still work for this tank

2 how big of pump i need i have 6 feet oh head pressure and idk how many gph i need for a tank that big

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump will work. It might not hold much water ( back flow might be an issure when pump is off ) or be able to handle a lot flow. I would use the same pump as for your 65g, if it worked with that sump. You will prob need to add some power heads for more flow in the tank.

OP
OP
N

nathancaspi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump will work. It might not hold much water ( back flow might be an issure when pump is off ) or be able to handle a lot flow. I would use the same pump as for your 65g, if it worked with that sump. You will prob need to add some power heads for more flow in the tank.
this sump never had a pump the pump i have is from a old sump that really suck that why i built this one to replace the only one it is a sicci 2.0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back