Sump keeps breaking siphon overflowing my display

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A failed aqualifter will not immediately cause a flood, but it will prevent the syphon from restarting when it needs too which causes a flood. I have also ran it with the airline attached to my return pump and that never really worked for me either. I'm not sure how long you've had yours for but I had one for about 4 years and I assure you that lots of heartache is in your future.

Sorry but this is fact. Don't offer this product to new reefers that are already having flood issues, it will not help them
Had it running for 4 years before I knew the nipple was for a pump, without issue.
if you had it running off a return pump wit no luck you didn’t have it sized right for your application. Sorry for your troubles, but my advice is get a tubeless design that has a back up to evacuate air

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason it breaks siphon is because there are bubbles in your u tube. The reason bubbles are there is because you dont have enough flow from the return to the tank. If you fix that then you will never break siphon. Been there done that.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way that can loose syphon is if the water flow is too slow that bubbles accumulate at the top or its too fast that its making too many bubbles. I have the two tube desigh. It has never lost syphon because i can see bubbles go right through it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back