Sump monster

Sdbuehler1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2021
Messages
411
Reaction score
610
Location
Berryville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught this stone crab in my live rock when I setup my tank last January. It was barely a quarter in size so I didn’t think twice about it and threw it into the cryptic zone in my sump. Fast forward a year later and it’s huge!!! I had to put it down this morning as it was destroying the equipment in my sump including two apex probes. Lesson learned, don’t keep these guys at all , they are super destructive. I can only imagine the amount of stuff it would have killed
If stayed in my display.

IMG_2394.jpeg
 
^^^^ He's right. That would have been some quality retribution too.
 
I've worked with them before and they sure are destructive. Quite intelligent and curious animals, even as far as crabs go. Air stones don't last long around them!
 
That might have as much meat as a single crayfish we Swedes eat.
Your may not be from the west coast - here we eat Krabbtaska😄

Sincerely Lasse
 
Hmmm….i love mine so far. He’s constantly turning the sand over and eats algae off the glass. He’s in a 20L remote fuge. Leaves the other blue leg hermits alone. We chase each other at the glass 😂. I’ll have to get a picture of him tonight. He’s a good 2-2.5” wide.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new