Sump options for small cabinet space?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! This will be my first sump so I have no ideer what I'm doin'. Forgive any silly questions.

I have a 75g tank that I would like to eventually have a HOB overflow and sump. Issue here is my stand. It's great for a canister filter, which I'm sure it was designed for, but I have 2 cabinets that are each only 15" wide, and 26" tall. I feel like this greatly limits my sump options.

1. Diy Super custom and I make it all to fit my space.

2. Buy super custom.

I really don't see any options pre-built that will fit such a narrow space, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot? Any recommendations?

20211008_082159.jpg 20211008_082206.jpg

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s a sump that may fit your needs.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not ideal but you can always use the canister filer, or a hang on back filter if you're unable to find any solutions. Other than that I think your best bet would be custom.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a sump that may fit your needs.
That looks like a possible option, tight fit, but looks possible. I've heard mixed opinions on the sumps with built in ato reservoir, is it a waste of total sump space? I can do the ato reservoir on the other cabinet side too.

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That looks like a possible option, tight fit, but looks possible. I've heard mixed opinions on the sumps with built in ato reservoir, is it a waste of total sump space? I can do the ato reservoir on the other cabinet side too.
I’m not sure about the ato reservoir because I don’t have one in my sump, but maybe someone that has an ato reservoir in their sump can give some insight.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I'll check out that pre-built more, possibly look at custom sump options.

I like the stand otherwise, it's very sturdy and is new, bought it in August, so I'd rather not have to replace it ..... I know building one is possible, I have a collection of good tools, but time on the otherhand in low on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back