Sump questions

j91carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gal tank with a hang on the back filter and I am looking to upgrade to a sump. I have a spare 10 gal tank and found the parts to build a custom sump. Will that be sufficient for my tank or do I need something bigger?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gal tank with a hang on the back filter and I am looking to upgrade to a sump. I have a spare 10 gal tank and found the parts to build a custom sump. Will that be sufficient for my tank or do I need something bigger?
Depended on your equipment size you could :) A 20 long would be ideal. Those 10 gallon tanks just don't seem to be long enough lol

tthouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better than nothing, the dimension of 10g tank is 20" L x 10" W x 12" H. You can divide by 2 compartments, one for skimmer, heater, and other pump for creator if needed, another compartment for pump return. Compartment for pump return, you only need 6" to 8" long, so skimmer compartment should have plenty of room 12" to 14" for you to choose the skimmer side.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back